NOTE: We suggest printing a copy of this form when complete with your information for your records.
BIG BEAR YOGA FESTIVAL – TEACHER & MUSICIAN INFORMATION & APPLICATION
Event Date: October 5, 2019 with Special Post Festival Session on October 6, 2019
Application Deadline: The early application deadline has already passed, however we may still have a few teaching spots open, and we do have spots for musicians. Please apply ASAP as we are currently working on the schedule. If there are details you don’t know yet, like class topic, simply put “TBD.”
Please, if you don’t hear back from us about your application by April 15, follow-up with us to make sure we received your application by emailing [email protected]
Welcome to the Big Bear Yoga Festival! This year we are hosting an event at the Performing Arts Center in Big Bear Lake, CA, in the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains.
*Once accepted to teach and you confirm, we are 100% counting on you to teach the assigned classes!
2019 Teacher & Musician REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide any and all sound equipment you may need.
- Provide pictures of yourself or your band in JPG format to be used online and in promotions along with a bio. Email 2-6 pictures to [email protected]
- Have Facebook access, regular internet access and engage in all social media/communication about the festival, promotions, etc.
2019 Teachers & Musicians Compensation:
- It is really important to us for Big Bear Yoga Festival to be inclusive of students who might not be able to afford attendance at a festival, and those who have never even taken a yoga class before. At the same time, we need to cover the costs of hosting the event to make sure the festival continues for many years to come! Last year we collected less than $500 in donations. That does not cover the costs of the event! So, we are trying a new format this year.
- This year’s festival is a free event, with some fee-based special classes and packages. That way we can raise funds to cover the event costs.
- You can choose which class(es) you would like to teach – free or fee-based to fund the festival – or both! This is a great opportunity to meet new students, and possibly do both service to those who don’t have a budget for a yoga festival and also those who want a deeper experience for pay.
- Compensation is still being calculated for specific paid classes, and if you select that option we will notify you when the details are worked out if you have been selected to teach one of those classes. There will be a very limited number of compensated classes.
- You are welcome to mention products or services to sell or future events tastefully.
2019 Teacher’s and Musician’s Directions:
- Teacher’s & Musicians are required to arrive at least 1 hour before their scheduled offering. When you arrive, go to the REGISTRATION and register. Double check the schedule and confirm your teaching time and location.
- Please be aware of beginners and their needs and remind students to listen to their bodies. If you see someone doing something that may cause injury to themselves or others, please stop them!
- Please be aware of Deaf students and their needs. Read: http://www.bigbearyogafestival.com/2018/11/01/teaching-deaf-yoga-students/
- Should there be any issues, please try to reasonably resolve them. If there is a volunteer or helper in the class, you can ask them for help. If you are not able to resolve the issue, please ask a student to volunteer to go to Registration to get assistance.
- Please stay on schedule. Teachers must set up and be ready to greet their students 15 minutes prior to their class start time. You may want to wear or bring a watch.
HAVE A GREAT TIME – BLESSINGS & THANK YOU!!!
2019 Teacher’s & Musicians TERMS OF AGREEMENT
This is an Agreement between Big Bear Yoga Festival (hereafter ‘BBYF’) and those who wish to present at the Big Bear Yoga Festival, at Performing Arts Center (‘PAC’), Big Bear Lake, CA. on Saturday October 5th, 2019.
- Teachers agree to teach the activities described on the teacher’s agreement. Once you agree to teach, you understand that Big Bear Yoga Festival is 100% counting on you to teach.
- Just like when you teach regular yoga classes, each teacher accepts total responsibility for their classroom area with regards to safety, accident, or injury to yourself, the students or others. (Students are also required to sign a Waiver of Liability for any accident or injury.) BBYF and PAC assume no responsibility for any property brought onto the premises. This Agreement releases above parties and their agents from liability due to any loss or damage to such property, whatsoever the cause.
- Cancellations: Teachers agree to immediately notify BBYF via Annalisa IN WRITING via FACEBOOK MESSANGER AND via phone at 909-584-5270.
- Teachers understand that this is a grassroots event, and the class schedule may need to be adjusted to reflect new offerings, etc. Teacher are responsible for communicating any scheduling conflicts or issues. Teachers are expected to help spread the word and encourage people to attend the event – it takes a village to have a successful yoga offering! BBYF reserves the right to cancel any class or offering that we deem to be unsafe or if there is not enough student interest in the class or activity. Should “acts of God” or other unforeseen calamity cause the BBYF to be canceled, immediate notice will be given to all teachers/vendors. BBYF and PAC are fully committed to hosting this event but shall not be liable for claims of lost profits, business, or any other damage if the Festival, class or offering has to be canceled or rescheduled.
- If legal guidelines (copyright, etc.) exist for the use of the style or tradition name, attach a signed letter or certificate granting permission for you to use this style name from the entity holding legal rights. The instructor warrants that they have permission to use this style name at the BBBYF and that it does not infringe on the copyright of another. Instructor agrees to hold harmless BBYF for any claims and/or suits arising.
As a participant / subcontractor (not employed by BBYF) in Big Bear Yoga Festival, October 5th, 2019, to the extent permitted by law, I hereby indemnify and hold harmless Big Bear Yoga Festival, City of Big Bear Lake and PAC, their agents and employees, against any loss, cost, damage, personal injuries including death, judgment or liability of any kind including legal expenses arising from or related to acts or omissions of participant.
For Festival information go to: www.bigbearyogafestival.com and please join us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BigBearYogaFestivalAdmin/
How to Submit Your Pictures: Email 2-6 bio picture and promotional pictures to [email protected]
PLEASE PRINT A COPY OF THIS APPLICATION AND INFORMATION FOR YOUR RECORDS.